Sunday 10 September 2017

Summer project; Turnarounds

Here are the three turnaround drawings of a structure,a machine, and a life form.
I chose 12 because I really like the flowing shape of it, although I didn't do a very good job of it's sideways view.

I chose 74 because it was my favourite, as a bubble airship, but I couldn't figure out how to make it look as curved as it should.
I thought 34 was cute so I wanted to draw more of them. I think I did a good enough job on them but I still need to work on drawing animals.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dante :)

    Some really nice cute designs going on here, I particularly love the purple dinosaur!

    A few tips to help you out:

    The digital paintings are much more professional looking compared to the sketches, one way to polish your sketches is to make use of the scanners that are littered around the UCA campus - scan your designs to a usb stick and then open them up in photoshop and go to - image - adjustments - levels and dial the settings up a tad to make the lines of your pencil pop! it adds a lovely finish to your designs that will present them as polished and professional which is the industry standard. Having them scanned will also mean that wont have to crop out the distracting background which your thumbnails did have (although I know you mentioned the program kept crashing)

    I would make the pictures that you upload all the same size which should be large and have then be on the same layout either left, centre or right, having them scattered around like that is kind of eye sore and tough to focus on just one at a time.

    All in all some really nice designs and these quick tips will really show your designs off well for all to see so keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think about using a scanner, that's probably my best course of action then.
      I had them lined up next to each other in the preview, although now I see that only the top one kept that.
      And thank you, I'll keep them in mind.

      Delete

Fantastic Voyage - OGR1