Wednesday 20 September 2017

Life drawing - Lesson one

We had out first life drawing lesson today, something I've been looking forward to as I love life drawing because it pushes you to get better at drawing from life.
I'm not going to pretend I'm absolutely amazing, but I had fun and managed to produce some work that is good for my standards.
Our first drawing was 20 minutes, but after about 15 I'd 'finished' the drawing on the right and was not pleased with it, so I drew it again a bit smaller. Whilst I prefer the proportions of the smaller drawing, I still don't like the head.
These were a series of 8 quick drawings, varying from 5 minutes to 1 minute. I included some close ups of my favourite drawings.
Then finally we spent 25 minutes on a tonal drawing, of which you can see that I noted that I drew the head too big, which is a constant problem for me but one way I've found to get away with it is to draw the head last, but just have a placeholder circle and line for the neck.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed - there's a lot of sensitivity and expressiveness in these drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good stuff going on here Dante :) I particularly like the last one!

    ReplyDelete

Fantastic Voyage - OGR1