Monday 22 January 2018

Character Design - workshop one

The first workshop we looked at the basic shapes that make characters, squares, circles, and triangles and how they change the type of character.

For our first task we were assigned a random character and had to change the base shape they were made with to try and make them look like they're a different sort of character while remaining the same character.
I got Superman.
My first attempt went a bit awry because I got a bit confused as to what we were  supposed to be doing.
My second attempt went better, I was trying to use triangles.
This was done just because I had a bit of time before out next task, which was to take a character from whatever you wanted and draw them in a different sort of style to the original, I chose Cloud Strife from the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children film, which uses a realistic style, and I tried to make it more cartoon-y. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantastic Voyage - OGR1