Monday 5 February 2018

Life drawing - Lesson three

 This session we were focusing more on the tones of flesh. The first set was four drawings with either 4 or 9 minutes each (I can't read my own writing), I started with charcoal and blocking out the shadows, then blending it to add the rest of the body without outlining it.
I like the second and third ones, mostly because I feel I managed to get the pose correct, and with adequate proportions.
Our next drawing was on black paper and using chalk, although I did use charcoal for the darker shadows.
Despite the fact I didn't blend the chalk on her chest well, her face is void of most features, and that her visible hand has kind of disappeared, I like this. I like how I blended most of it and how the shadows and highlights work together.
For our last drawing we could use colour, but I don't think I did that well. The proportions of the legs are off, as is the highlights, and I spent too much time on it and ended up rushing the top half due to running out of time.

1 comment:

Fantastic Voyage - OGR1